blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Friday, January 7, 2022

Third and last shot?

For the record ...

This morning I received the third of my Moderna vaccine injections and let's hope that's it, to keep me safe from Covid, which as far as I know I have never yet caught. 

I enjoyed my early half hour walk into town, a slightly further route than my normal beat these days, with the sun trying to shine through light flurries of snowflakes on a more or less deserted city. NCC employees were removing the Christmas decorations from the lampposts on Sparks Street which reminds me that I ought to un-decorate my Christmas tree at home, today, now that Twelfth Night has come and gone.

My appointment was at the drug store in the basement of "240 Sparks" a government office building that used to be crowded with civil servants on their way to and from work; an empty place today. There was no delay at my appointment other than to wait my turn after a lady who was about to receive her shot as I arrived. The pharmacist kindly treated me to a mere half-dose, although my age (though not by much) should have meant getting the full third dose. In her opinion, since I had "reacted" to the first two doses (April 13 and July 6 last year) in an obvious way, this meant that my immune system was obviously in good working order and the smaller vaccine boost would be sufficient for me.

Celebrating with a flat white take-out coffee from Bridgehead on the way back I crossed paths with Chris at the market who had been in another part of town, taking the car for a software update (another sort of booster service), and coming home by train.

No comments: