blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Things to do

I missed a good blogging opportunity yesterday by not joining four friends who discovered log-truck races taking place at Mont Laurier airport. Instead, Chris and I were wandering around Wakefield with Laurie and Elva, along the road by the rushing stream, across the bridge by the mill and up the hill to the cemetery once owned, like the mill, by the MacLaren family. Wakefield's a relaxing place where you can draw water from the spring and have some lunch in the room above the General Store.

This week's going to feel shorter than usual because today's Victoria Day. I have another article to complete for the Crosswinds magazine. Chris, who gets on with things better than I, has already finished his own article for our next edition and has been spending the rest of the day polishing up his Flight Operations workbook for aspirant commercial pilots; I've helped him proof-read it.

I have to prepare another German lesson for next Thursday and later this afternoon I'll be talking to a German lady who has never attempted to teach her own language before, and wants some tips. Chris meanwhile will be advising two other young ladies how to design educational computer games for a start-up company.

Next Friday our Diplomatic Hospitality group is inviting diplomats to the Herb Garden at Almonte, where I'll be responsible for the photography. The previous evening, there's a vernissage of mixed media artworks by an artist called Andrea Dankaninova at the Embassy of the Slovak Republic. I'll have to leave early, in order to play the piano at Chris' singing lesson.

Thanks to our friends who helped repair our oven, I can do some baking in advance before the arrival of my Spanish speaking friends, when it will be my turn to provide some refreshments. Besides which I'd better re-lay the wobbly bricks on the steps of our porch that a family of chipmunks has undermined.

No comments: