blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Morning, noon and night

This morning, the sky over the Ottawa River was full of flying geese. I had breakfast and a nice conversation with Greta and Gareth, a consultant statistician who works for UNICEF, before driving Greta to a house across the river for a second breakfast provided by the hostess, Beryl, where our conversation was mostly in German; we were talking abut old fashioned etiquette. Then for lunch (pizza on a cardboard plate) I crossed the river to fetch Chris home after my "guided tour" of the mostly abandoned Nortel premises, saying hello (or goodbye) to some of the lost souls that still remain there. What a sad site /sight. By this time next week Chris will have seen the last of it. By the way, one of the ex-employees is aiming to sell what he calls his enhanced severance package on eBay; I like to see how humour is cheering them (some of them) up. This evening, in pouring rain, Chris and I walked to Jack's for an hour's work on our Vaughan Williams and Schubert songs.

No comments: