blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

In Lily's and Yiwen's gardens

Diplomatic Hospitality held its three hour AGM today, only it wasn't as tedious as AGMs sometimes are, because we were out of doors, surrounded by birds, butterflies, flowers and trees, some of them bonsais grown by our Chinese-Canadian hostess, Lily. The huge head of a peony in a fishbowl decorated the table and Ülle, retiring President, gave everyone a carnation as a thank you for the help she'd had in running the group this year. Along with the flower, several of us were also presented with a Certificate of Recognition for the jobs we'd done. At the end of the meeting Ülle and I commandeered one of Lily's gazebos and showed the others photos we've taken this year. I'd compiled an old fashioned album and she gave a slide show on her husband's laptop.

Yesterday, too, I was in a Chinese-Canadian's garden, having a private tour of all of every plant Yiwen is growing at her place. She served me a supper of Vietnamese noodle soup while I was there, garnished with her home grown Thai basil.

No comments: