blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Change for the better

Cheer up, I told myself, and I did. So did the weather.  Today I sat in the garden to sunbathe (my hands and face, that is; the rest of me was wrapped up), listening to the chickadees cheeping and reading Neville Cardus' autobiography. I saw a chipmunk running up the fence post. The temperature rose to 5ºC and melted some of the thick ice on our driveway. In the last few weeks, the Rideau River has had some of its ice removed and is now flowing fast through our neighbourhood.

粤来悦好 (yuè lái yuè hǎo)! That's a phrase I learned this morning, the Chinese for better and better.

No flowers in Ottawa yet, other than indoor ones, but it's a start.

No comments: