blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Toadstool for warty bliggens

i met a toad
the other day by the name
of warty bliggens
he was sitting under
a toadstool
feeling contented
he explained that when the cosmos
was created
that toadstool was especially
planned for his personal
shelter from sun and rain

That was an extract from warty bliggens, the toad, sent to me by my friend Tanya after she'd told me, during our German morning, about the unpunctuated poems written by Archy, the cockroach in the 1920s. He seemed lighter-hearted than Gregor Samsa, the insect-man in Kafka's Metamorphosis, I said.

A couple of days ago my mother and I found the impressive and deadly (?) toadstool pictured above in a conservation area by the Rideau River and Kars "airpark". During Monday's drive to Kars and back we stopped for coffee and bruschetta by the river at Kelly's Landing and for tea and crêpes at Brown Bag Sue's in Manotick.

No comments: