blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Horrors on the street

I see that the Ottawa Citizen has published a report about this fund-raiser for the Ottawa Food Bank.

We crossed paths with several hundred zombies staggering through the Byward Market in Ottawa yesterday afternoon, almost all of them played by young people who'd been rather heavy handed with the gory make-up and accessories (I liked the fellow in an apron advertising Heinz Tomato Ketchup). "They look like typical students to me," said Chris, while I wondered aloud whether they might be evidence of the End Of The World that had been forecast to take place on Friday evening.

Commentators in high spirits were keeping up a good flow of remarks as the parade went by and to my amusement I heard a young man behind me say, "And now, for no apparent reason, here comes an old lady dressed in red ..." meaning me!

No comments: