blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Forward looking

It's New Year's Eve and we're going to have our friends round this evening again. It's time to look forward, not back. Ralitsa has just posted a Happy New Year message on Facebook in Latin––amor vincit omnia!––and I have left the comment sic speremus, let's hope so. Chris has been working on this year's predictions quiz, of course including questions such as "Who'll be the Prime Minister of England this time next year?" and of Canada, of course.

My sister and I have been talking on Facetime about our mother's options for a happier future, and my daughter's thinking hard about happiness in general and how it might better distributed. While my children were growing up I used to encourage them to think of themselves as a stage beyond where they actually were. That thought still applies, to all of us.

No comments: