blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

More or less

I noticed this slogan, 
Crave more! Désirez plus!

on the wall of my local grocery store today (supermarkets in Canada are known as grocery stores). It seems to me to sum up all that's wrong with our lives, especially now, at Christmas time. Really, in order to be healthier, happier and finally at peace, shouldn't we be encouraging ourselves to want less

However, if we consumers did that––no longer kept wanting more and more––the whole capitalist system would collapse. Then where would we be?

No comments: