blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Klev på fel tåg!

Setting off

That means "got on the wrong train" and it happened in Västerås. My ticket printout said Eskilstuna C - Västerås C eller omvänt ..., meaning Estkilstuna Central to Västerås or vice versa, ...1 Pensionär, senior, which I thought would be easy to manage. My outbound journey was fine, no problem.

At Västerås Central station
The return trains left from platform 5, but so did the trains to Örebrö and places west; I boarded one of those instead, without paying attention, and headed rapidly off in the wrong direction. A friendly ticket collector called Lena put me right, scribbling Klev på fel tåg on my ticket in case of trouble, and telling me to get out at the next stop (Köping), take the Stockholm-bound train back to Västerås from the other side of the platform, and start again an hour later. Don't get on the wrong train again! she said, laughing at me. I didn't have to pay an extra fee for my mistake and it was a pretty ride all the way, the scenery through the windows familiarly northern.





No comments: