blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Conversación español

This morning I got on my bike and joined some people in a high-rise appartment building (block of flats) by the canal who had met to practise their Spanish with Angelica from Chile. We came from Britain, Switzerland, Romania, the Ukraine, Canada, Jamaica and the Netherlands and spoke with varying degrees of fluency, my own Spanish very poor because I haven't attempted it for the last year or two. It will be a long while before I'm up to reading books by Isabel Allende in the original, but in the meantime, here's a stroke of luck. She is coming to speak to interested people at the National Art Gallery next week and I have acquired a ticket, not available to the general public, courtesy of the Chilean Embassy. Furthermore, she's going to give her lecture in English, so I'll be able to follow it without any difficulty.

3 comments:

Miri said...

I really like your blog. Just found it now. Good luck with learning Spanish again. I'm sure you will do really well as you have a talent for languages. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Could I suggest "apartment" for "appartment"?

Alison Hobbs said...

Hmm, my talent for languages doesn't extend as far as spelling, I see. Sorry about that.