blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

An insertion

I meant to make a note of this several weeks ago, but got distracted, so I'll insert it here.

While waiting for my mother to land in Toronto this summer, I took the opportunity to revisit the lake front Toronto Music Garden "inspired by Bach", which has grown a good deal since I last saw it; that is to say, the plants have, since they were first planted in 1999, especially the huge hibiscus in the Gigue section. This garden one of the few spots of tranquility in the concrete jungle that is downtown Toronto and I copied a few lines off a plaque in the Sarabande section from a poem on it by Polly Fleck, which included the lines:

...from under its heavy-lid concrete / asphalt sarcophagus
Reborn in sunlight it is the garden
It was meant to be ...

One is supposed to spend 70 minutes here (a "tour" takes that long, apparently), but I didn't have that much time to spare. Anyway, do click on the link and remind me to take you there one day if we get the opportunity.

1 comment:

faith said...

You already did !!! Thank you!!