blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Drummers, acrobat and crane

If you'd missed this notice in the Ottawa Citizen, you wouldn't have expected to look up yesterday evening over the roofs of the Byward Market to see those seven noisy drummers dressed in 18th century French costumes (tricorne hats) and a trapeze artist suspended in the air from a giant crane. They call it the Mobile Homme. A compulsive sight that stopped the traffic and stopped business in the market for a while too. I overheard a woman saying, "Well, I've never seen anything like that before!"

Un mobile de percussionnistes prenant place à plus de 200 pieds dans les airs, soutenus par une grue de 300 tonnes!

I am so annoyed that I didn't have my camera with me. Here's a link that gives you an idea of the excitement, though.

1 comment:

faith said...

Hey, I know those!! They were at Cardiff last year - we were there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn3oIbJYPpc&NR=1