blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Everything shook ...

...including me at home and Chris at his desk at work.

This afternoon we experienced an earthquake in town. I heard a bang, thinking that the workmen painting my neighbour's house outside had had an accident, but when the contents of my house rattled and the kitchen floor under my bare feet began to judder, I realised what it was. As the quake died down, the last things to stop trembling were the leaves on the plants in my garden.

Vivien and I then went to visit an elderly friend in hospital, but she was asleep when we arrived and must have slept through the earthquake; we didn't stop. As mere visitors we'd have been evacuated from the hospital in any case; most people in the buildings around town were being made to stand around in the grounds for a while.

No comments: